I am a child of the Net Gen. I speak in Slanguage.



I am a child of the Net Gen. I have an affinity acronyms, abbreviations, portmanteaus, and emoticons, a characteristic of which I'm completely aware BUGS THE SHIT out of some people. But, I can't help myself. As hard as I've tried to stop (actually that was a lie, I've never tried), it would be IMPOSSIBLE. So here's a list of my commonly-used slanguage terms. Knowing these will be vital to understanding anything I say in this blog, on Twitter... or in real life:
Net Gen = internet generation (commonly referred to as Generation Y, but I prefer this)
sitch = situation (most frequently used... as in, "what's the sitch, bitch?")
fawesome = (see sidebar) (also, fawkward, fugly, filarious, etc.)
OOC = out of control
FOC = freak out control (via Kelly Leonard, my PIC - partner in crime - when it comes to acronyms)
IAYM = I am your master. (As far as I know, this has no practical use in the real world. It's just fun to say)
WTF = pronounced in real life as "dub tee eff" (self-explanatory, a way to avoid expletives in public conversation)
:-P = tongue out (can be used in almost any context: "you smell" "rock out" "eating")
:-/ = scowl (not as upset as an actual frown, but possibly hurt or a little annoyed)
({}) = BBPs only (BlackBerry Princesses... this means "hug" in BBM)

Leave your personal fave Net Gen terms in the comments. If I like, I'll incorporate into my own slanguage compendium.

1 comments:

Audrey Priest said...

you forgot fawdrey!

Post a Comment

top